Seattle was a success! I had such a good time meeting everyone, and I feel very informed and ready to start classes on Wednesday. On the meeting everyone front--I want to create a link repository for other UW MLIS blogs. If you have one, please leave a link in the comments!
So, in short, here are a few highlights. While in Seattle, I
- Met a ton of awesome, like-minded people.
- Had good Mexican food. Yeah. In Seattle. I live in San Diego. This is a big deal.
- Drank. Every. Single. Day.
- Stayed with family I'd never met who were so kind and very fun (Hi, David & Eva!).
- Rode the city bus for the first time.
- Rode the wrong city bus, got lost, and had to call for help.
- Ate falafel for lunch every day.
- Visited the Burke Museum and saw some cool taxidermy & dino bones.
- Flew alone for the first time since I was 13.
- Bought this really cute ceramic origami crane for my office:
Classes start Wednesday, and I couldn't be more excited! This is gonna be great.